From the Stewardship Committee of the Vestry:
As we review the past year and look forward to the new school year, we at St. Thomas’ enter our Season of Gratitude. During this time we will reflect on those individuals who have helped us grow and develop as a church. We are reminded of those things for which we are grateful—our homes, families, friends, jobs, talents, opportunities, our schools and, of course, our church, as well as those who share their time, talent and treasure with us at St. Thomas’.
We know that this could not be even the intensive undertaking of just one person. This is a collective effort, undertaken by a diverse and dedicated group of members and staff, who give 100% whenever they are called upon. These individuals become a source of strength in our church and school.
We take time during this season to say “thank you” to many of those who serve as bridges to carry St. Thomas’ over the many rivers of opportunity that lie before us. We know there are two kinds of gratitude: the sudden kind we feel for what we receive; the larger kind we feel for what we give back.
In this season, we celebrate those who give and give thanks for being able to receive.
These dedicated individuals represent collectively the Spirit of Christ in our church. They realize that gratitude isn’t simply a motivation we have when we thank God for a meal, but rather a response to the grace of God in Jesus Christ. It is awe at the outpouring of love to us, unlooked for and undeserved.
Please help us celebrate these St. Thomas’ individuals during the 10:30 a.m. services on the 2nd and 5th Sundays in each month.
We began in July by recognizing our dedicated Vacation Bible School Director and our teachers.
- On August 21 we recognize all school teachers & staff, students and their parents, both those at STE and those at other fine schools in our area.
- On September 11 we recognize our Music Ministries, Choir, Choral Scholars, Organ Scholar, Moseley Music Series, and Bell Ringers, and, at a special Evensong, we thank our veterans and first responders as we remember the fifteenth anniversary of the 911 tragedy.
- On October 9 we recognize Christian Education, Sunday School Teachers, Bible Study Leaders and Youth Ministers.
- On October 23 we recognize Altar Guild, Lay Readers, Torch & Lamp Bearers, Oblation Bearers, Acolytes and our Prayer Team.
- On November 13 we recognize our Veterans.
- In December is our celebration of Christmas.
- In January we recognize our Ushers and Friars.
- In February we recognize our Past Senior Wardens and our outgoing Vestry Members.
Gratitude is the music of the heart. Gratitude is the highest appreciation, not just to utter words, but to live by them.
Please join us as we give thanks to God, thanking him for all individuals who help to build a strong church and help us to enjoy the abundance their work provides to us in such diverse ways.
For these wonderful gifts, dear Lord, we say thank you!