We have started construction of our new academic building and renovation of our church! Monday, crews from Tellepsen, our construction partner, put up a sediment fence to keep dirt from going where it shouldn’t — and move dirt, we will!
It has been almost three years since Hurricane Harvey came through and changed all of our lives. So many volunteer and overtime hours have gone into working, planning, gathering feedback, and putting together a master plan for our campus. This past Monday saw these dreams and all of this work start to become reality for us. Thanks to all of those who have helped us plan and do the work necessary.
Here is generally how this will unfold:
- On Christmas Day this year, we plan to worship in a completely renovated church. The church is the heart of our campus and we will see the first part of our construction process completed fairly quickly.
- Next summer, we will renovate our present Upper School building into our new Lower School building.
- Finally, in the Fall of 2021, we will complete the construction of our new school building — the new Middle and Upper School building — and move in.
Exciting things are afoot at St. Thomas’ — exciting things we have been dreaming about and planning for years!
The day is finally here. Thank you for making it all possible!
- In the next week or two, three oak trees between the building site and Jackwood will be removed. When construction is complete, they will be replaced with new 4″ diameter oak trees.
- We expect that after this week online services will be broadcast from another room on campus, as the church building renovation work commences.