Director of Youth Ministries
St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church
About St. Thomas’
St. Thomas’ is a traditional, Biblically centered, and theologically orthodox church that has faithfully maintained the worship of God with the 1928 Book of Common Prayer since its founding 59 years ago.
Mission of St. Thomas’
“St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church and School shares the Joy of serving and loving God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. We worship, pray, teach and give to manifest His mercy to the world He gave His life to save.”
The primary responsibility of the Youth Minister will be to know and share the love of Jesus Christ with the youth (6th – 12th grade) of the St Thomas’ Church & School Community.
• Mentor and encourage youth to grow in their relationship with Christ and help them live out their faith in their everyday lives.
• Plan, organize, and implement weekly activities and programs for junior and senior high students that are dynamic, fast paced, inviting, and fun while always focusing on Christ.
• Plan, organize, and implement yearly retreats and mission trips.
• Promote Diocesan youth events.
• Recruit, develop and support volunteers to assist with ministry to the youth of St. Thomas’.
• Regularly attend Sunday services and assist the Director of Family Ministries with youth involvement in the Liturgy.
• Provide care, encouragement, support, and counseling to the youth of the St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church & School Community.
• A personal relationship with God and Jesus Christ and a “call” to work with youth.
• An intimate knowledge of the Christian faith and the Bible with the ability to share this information in a variety of venues, which are meaningful and relevant to youth.
• A value system and moral code of conduct consistent with the expectations of a person who has accepted Christ as their personal Savior, and reflective of the highest levels of integrity.
• Superior oral and written communication skills in articulating the vision, mission and strategic objectives of an organization in both one-on-one and group situations.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a list of references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Youth & Young Adult Minister Search Committee
St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church & School
4900 Jackwood Street
Houston, TX 77096