On Sunday, February 22nd, David Browder, the Rector of St. Thomas’, introduced Amanda Welch to the parish as our new Director of Children’s Ministries. The parish family warmly welcomed Amanda, her husband Stoney, their daughter, Brooke, and several of her family and shared their excitement at having Amanda working with our children in the parish.
Amanda has been the Director of our Early Childhood Learning Program and built it into the highly successful program it is today. She will continue to lead that program, while assuming more responsibilities as head of all parish children’s ministry. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Carrying out our vision for Christian formation for our kids. She will over see enhancements to our Sunday School program and help us improve our processes while maintaining what we already have in place through volunteer recruitment and training.
- Implementing a catechesis component for children
- Oversight of our Vacation Bible School.
- Director of our Radiant Summer Youth Program.
- Leading other initiatives such as Breakfast with Santa, Easter Egg hunts, and children’s activities for Lenten Fish Fries.
- Nursery oversight
To assist Amanda with her increased responsibilities, Allison Czach has been promoted to Assistant Children’s Ministries Director. Amanda will be off on Fridays since she will be working Sundays; Allison will take the reins of the ECLP on Amanda’s day off and stay as Nursery Coordinator.
The addition of a dedicated children’s ministry director continues our work in building a strong ministry to families. Amanda brings a keen intelligence, strong work ethic, and great creativity to her new duties. She and Allison join Mathew Fenlon, who is helping to build our caring and outreach ministries, Giles Brightwell, whose music initiatives (such as the new Treble Choirs and the Moseley Memorial Concert Series) are extending our ministry and presence through church and school and out into the larger community, and David and Kari Browder and Rob Scholl, who are leading our youth group and our ministry to middle and high school aged young adults.
“I believe we are poised for something special to happen here. Please welcome and congratulate Amanda and Allison in their increased roles here at St. Thomas! I couldn’t be more pleased,” Mr. Browder told the parish.