Saint Thomas’ Church Covid-19 Survey April 29-May 1, 2020
Thank you to everyone who participated in our online poll about the parish and Covid-19.
We received 63 responses through May 1. You can download the full results below. Here are some high points:
- 94% of respondents have participated in one or more of our online services; 61% thought the worship experience and sense of God’s presence was the same as or greater than in-person worship.
- 22% participated in an online small group or Bible study (just over half responded to this question)
- 67% of respondents consider themselves in the CDC high risk group.
- 54% are likely to attend in person worship when it resumes; 32% might attend depending on safety precautions. Similar percentages would feel comfortable bringing a higher-risk friend, relative or child/grandchild.
- Only 5% would want to resume worship by gathering in small groups in homes.
- 19% of respondents are age 20-49; 18% 50-59, 19% 60-69 and 44% 70 and over.
Respondents provided a wide variety of comments. It is clear from these comments that when we begin offering in-person services, many of you would like us to continue streaming our services; we plan to do so, including online Morning and Evening Prayer. David, Geoff and the church staff are considering the many good ideas included in your comments, and will be discussing them this week; we will likely have another survey in next week’s Epistle.
We also continue to listen to city, county and state health officials, to local medical professionals, and to our Bishop and Diocesan staff, taking into account their advice and direction on safely resuming in-person worship, and we hope to come to a prayerful decision about resuming in-person services soon.
In the meantime, please let David know about your ideas, thoughts and concerns (email email@example.com) and let us know how we can serve you.